In the arena of website success, there are a lot of things that need to be considered and taken care of. However, among some of the most essential elements, getting relevant and convertible organic traffic to the website may be considered one of the most important factors.
To get traffic to your website, you need to gain backlinks along with other SEO strategies to make it impactful for your business. Backlinks are links from other websites that lead to your site with the use of anchor text. This means that a word or a phrase may be used for hyperlinking with your website’s URL attached to it.
There are a lot of reasons why you need to be on top of your backlink game, but the most important reason is that you may be able to get traffic from a high-quality site while also working on improving your search engine ranking.
In order to build backlinks, one must understand outreach tips. Because building backlinks is similar to building long-term relationships. Just as in personal connections, genuine communication, value exchange, and mutual respect drive successful outcomes.
Table of Contents
Backlinks and SEO – An Important Connection:
Delving deeper into the connection between backlinks and search engine optimization, it is imperative to understand that very few people actually make the effort to click on the second or later pages of a search result. This is something that is backed by research done by Backlinko, which states that not even 1% of users clicked on search results that were on the second page.
This goes to show how important it is to scale the SEO rankings, and this may be made possible with the help of high-quality links. Some of the most popular search engines see backlinks as proof of the credibility of the website, especially if the backlinks come from authoritative sites.
What It Means to Sell Backlinks:
When a website offers to host a link and bring organic traffic to your website, they are selling you a valuable backlink. This may be one of the simplest ways to get your website featured on other websites in the form of backlinks. However, since the sale of backlinks may not necessarily be approved by popular search engines, the link hosts show these links as sponsored links.
It is interesting to note, however, that the selling of backlinks is a regular and common practice among website owners as well as the websites that sell backlinks, which are usually some of the most popular and authoritative sites according to search engines.
Understanding the Market for Backlinks in 2023:
The Current Backlink Market:
Backlinks have always been considered essential in the marketing and promotion of websites as well as in the process of getting better search engine rankings This is something that is a constant even in the present, and people are still indulging in getting meaningful and useful backlinks from websites that matter in their respective industries.
While backlinks are important, it is also important for websites to make sure that they are able to get quality backlinks and not links leading from just about anywhere on the internet. This is one reason why the process of selling backlinks has gained popularity among websites that offer link space as well as those that want to earn traffic as well as a good rank on search engine result pages.
The Role of the Search Engine Algorithms:
In the process of building backlinks, while search engines appreciate genuine backlinks, they also penalize backlinks that seem like spam. This means that anyone seeking to sell backlinks needs to be careful about whom they give their precious link space to.
The websites that are willing to pay for backlinks also need to be sure that they buy the links from quality-oriented and relevant websites. It is important for the link to be genuine for the search engine algorithm to accept it as valid, which is why buyers need to seek effective and genuine resources from where they can buy backlinks to their own website.
Predicting the Future of Backlink Strategy in 2023:
It may be interesting to run through the predictions and future trends of building backlinks before you actually get down to business:
- Priority to Quality: As opposed to previous trends, it is now much more important to find quality links from websites that are genuine and authoritative in the eyes of the most popular search engines.
- Keeping in line with Context: More and more websites are now seeking to have backlinks from relevant and contextual websites rather than just any location on the internet.
- Engagement and Response: Even after the traffic has landed on a website through a backlink, building backlinks that have better engagement, a lower bounce rate, or a better rate of sharing will be considered good links.
- Mentions: A unique way to sell backlinks will be by providing a mention or a shout-out. This may be considered as good as a backlink in the years to come and will be seen as a credible reason for search engines to rank you better on search result pages.
- Social Media Backlinks: With the steep rise in popularity of social media platforms and influencers, more and more backlinks are now created through social handles, profiles, and pages, as opposed to a majority of the links being created on websites in the past.
Effective Strategies for Selling Backlinks:
According to a Backlinko survey, the more backlinks you have, the better your chances are of appearing in the first position of a search result. It was seen through the survey that the number one result had about 3.8 times more backlinks than the rest of the results. This goes to show that there are websites that may be willing to create deals to earn meaningful and useful backlinks, as long as the most genuine and authoritative websites are selling them.
As a seller of backlinks, there are certain things that you need to keep tabs on.
- The Types of Link Buyers:
There are different types of buyers who choose to buy backlinks for their own websites. Here is a list of 3 kinds of buyers:
- Guest Post Buyers: Some of your link buyers may want to link back to their websites through blog posts on your websites. You can sell backlinks to these buyers with the help of blogs that you can post on your website. It, however, makes sense to opt for a deal in which you can get a relevant blog post on your website so that your own authority and credibility with search engines do not go down.
- Link Insertion Buyers: You can also sell a backlink to buyers who are seeking link insertions. This would mean using anchor text to insert a link that links back to the buyer’s website.
- The PBN Space Seekers: It is also possible for you to sell backlinks to your buyers who want a space on your private blog network. This would require you to provide space to the buyers in the form of backlinks on blog sites that are created to increase authority and credibility on search engines.
While there are more kinds of buyers that look for backlinks to their websites, these are some of the most commonly found backlink buyers.
Building a Portfolio of Quality Backlinks
- Quality vs. Quantity:
When you seek to sell backlinks, one of the most important factors that you need to keep in mind is to pursue quality over quantity. This means that instead of handing out backlinks like hotcakes, it may be more meaningful to create backlink deals with websites that are relevant to your own website or agenda.
This is something that holds true even for the kinds of collaborations that you do with buyers who need links from your social media pages, handles, or profiles. When you have a portfolio that is full of meaningful backlink deals, you may be able to sell your backlink space with much more success.
- Building a High-Quality Backlink Portfolio:
If you want to be successful at selling backlinks, it is important to have a diverse range of content items through which you create backlinks for other websites. Here are a couple of examples of content types that may add value to your portfolio:
- Guest Posts: Have guest posts that are well-written, relevant to what your website stands for, and optimized for search engines. Most importantly, the guest posts that you include in your portfolio should be informative and interesting reads for the visitors, which is what adds true value.
- Leverage Social Media: One of the best ways to get your portfolio stronger and out there is to make use of social media platforms. Valuable content on these platforms makes it easier for you to earn lots of other backlink requests, and it becomes easier to sell backlinks.
- Create Visually Appealing Content: In pursuit of creating the right portfolio to sell backlinks, it is also important to create relevant content that is visually appealing, such as in the form of infographics.
It is important to note that creating your backlink profile is a task that takes effort and innovation, which is why you should try these techniques along with other innovative methods to sell more backlinks.
Challenges in Selling Backlinks and Overcoming Them:
It is true that in the course of your effort to sell backlinks, you will face challenges and issues that you need to overcome.
Here are some problems that you may have to face and ways in which you can battle them:
- Quality: You may be requested to sell backlinks from your website to a portal that may not be credible or authoritative, which can affect your own website’s credibility for SEO. It is important that you pick the right websites to sell your backlinks.
- Backlink Pricing: There may be instances when your pricing may not work for certain backlink buyers. It is imperative that you work on your pricing after thorough research. For your potential link buyers, keep the prices competitive and offer value for money.
- Search Engine Penalties: The most popular search engines do not encourage selling backlinks, and websites found selling links may be penalized by losing their rank on search engines. In order to avoid such a fate for your website, you need to sell backlinks to relevant and reputable websites.
Making Money Out of Selling Backlinks:
Selling backlinks may seem like a lucrative business when your website gets big and has earned a high rank in search engine results. However, it is also important to understand that overdoing the sale might affect your own website’s rank as well.
It is therefore essential to sell backlinks in a smart way and make the most of the opportunity without getting penalized for it, but the question is, if you can’t sell too much of links from your own website, how can you make the most amount of money out of it?
Here’s How You Can Make The Most Amount of Money By Selling Backlinks :
One of the best ways to maximize the amount of money you generate via selling backlinks is to become a reseller or start a link-building service yourself by selling links to people from other high-quality websites in a similar niche to your client as niche-relevant backlinks are the ones that drive maximum results.
1) How Can You Become a Reseller?
Becoming a Reseller is a bit hard but it gets easier after a period of time. There are 2 ways you can become a backlink reseller :
A. By reaching out to websites yourselves and asking for backlinks or asking if they sell backlinks and just reselling it to people at a bit higher rates keeping your profit margins in it.
B. By making a pool of vendors who sell backlinks and reselling them to clients.
Personally, In the month of August, we at Byvaluemoney made around $1100, and that too by just selling around 5-10 backlinks.
2) How Can You Start a Link-Building Service?
Starting out on a proper service is a bit difficult to do as now you are trying to find people who are going to buy in bulk from you on a monthly basis, but with the right strategies, it is possible to do so.
First of all, ensure that you are focusing on building a package and creating a no-brainer offer making it hard for people to refuse it.
In order for you to do that, you need to first go through the list of people or companies you are going to compete with and figure out what the list of things they are offering and its pricing and then find a way to deliver more than anyone in the market at a very competitive pricing.
One of the best company or example that provides link-building services is Linkbuilder.io.
As you can see in the above image, that’s the crazy package linkbuilder.io is giving to people and well we would say that the pricing is justified considering the amount of effort it requires.
Also, the above package is made to get the maximum impact as they are building backlinks from websites with DR between 50-80 and not websites between DR 10-20 and so on.
So depending on the amount of ambition you have and the amount of money you would like to make, I would recommend you make a package according to that so that you don’t over-promise and under-deliver to whoever purchases your service.
Yes, a lot of website owners are making money selling backlinks. Links are one of the most important factors in order to rank on google which is why they have become a valuable commodity.
Yes it is legal. But buying backlinks directly from the website without marketing your backlink as sponsored violates google's webmaster guidelines.
These are specifically known as inbound and outbound links. Search engine like google view backlinks as a source of credibility.